Submission of Final Research Reports
The Center Director must submit a final report for each research project conducted with UTC Program funding including matching funds. Final research reports must give a complete description of the problem, approach, methodology, findings, conclusions, and recommendations developed as a result of the project and must completely document all data gathered, analyses performed, and results achieved. The inside of the front cover must show a disclaimer including the following:
The contents of this report reflect the views of the authors, who are responsible for the facts and the accuracy of the information presented herein. This document is disseminated in the interest of information exchange. The report is funded, partially or entirely, by a grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s University Transportation Centers Program. However, the U.S. Government assumes no liability for the contents or use thereof.
Within two months after the completion of each project, the Center Director must:
- Publish on the Center’s website the full text of each report.
- Change the status of the project in RiP from “Active” to “Completed” and retrieve the Research Hub Display Identification (RH Display ID) number for the project (this number will be displayed within each project record).
- Package and archive data as outlined in your DMP.
- The ORCID and funding agreement numbers must be included in any peer-reviewed publication submissions. If using the Technical Report Documentation Page (Form DOT F 1700.7) include ORCID identifier, as an URL, without punctuation after the author’s name in box 7 (e.g., Jane Doe https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2345-6789) and the funding agreement number in box 11.
- Ensure that all rights under copyright are non-exclusively retained by DOT and that the terms and conditions of publication to peer-reviewed journals and other outlets do not impair the obligation of the authors to comply with the plan.
- Send one email that includes the following information to email@example.com, NTLDigitalSubmissions@dot.gov, and TRIS-TRB@nas.edu:
- Final Report URL(s) or PDFs for any resulting publications
- URL(s) to, and associated descriptive metadata for, any final datasets from the research project
- The funding agreement number of the project
- The RH Display ID for the project
- ORCIDs (unique researcher IDs) for all project investigators, contributors, and publication author(s)
- Any documented project outputs or outcomes resulting from the research project (see Exhibit B for more information)
- Distribute each final report to the following addresses listed below:
1970 Campus Drive
Evanston, IL 60208-2300
(Send URL via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit on a properly labeled CD)
Volpe National Transportation Systems Center
U.S. Department of Transportation
(Send URL via e-mail to Susan.Dresley@dot.gov)
Federal Highway Administration Research Library
Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center (Send URL to FHWAlibrary@dot.gov)
National Technical Information Service
U.S. Department of Commerce
(Send URL or PDF via e-mail to email@example.com)